Nowadays, technologies are developing so fast that not all companies are able to quickly implement the newest ones. This especially applies to large enterprises, the number of equipment in which is very large. Nevertheless, companies are already emerging that technologically have taken the lead and cannot exist without innovation, realizing that it is in them that is the key to their success in the market (see the figure below). Enterprises under the tag “modern” are in the stage of a smooth transition to innovative technologies, since this is an integral part of their immediate future or work for the future. “Traditional enterprises”, which are now the majority, are also thinking about the development prospects and implementing, if not the newest technologies, but those who, through automation of management and accounting, will help them withstand competition in the coming years and gain time for deeper modernization.
SmartEAM, as a system supplier for reliable equipment operation, develops solutions based on the most innovative technologies, including Augmented Reality, Google glass, Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT), etc. SmartEAM representatives attend international exhibitions all over the world and are well aware of which trend emerges in the coming years. But for so many enterprises at this stage of their development, it is important first of all to close the questions of automation, even if without the use of artificial intelligence and machine learning. Thanks to this, savings will be immediately achieved and an increase in the profits of the organization, part of which can be directed to the introduction of innovative technologies now.
Let’s see, for example, what traditional enterprises get as a result of automating a number of management and accounting functions.
- Equipment classifier – you get an orderly uniform structure of technical places with equipment and all the necessary information for its operation and maintenance. This allows the specialists of your company to quickly enter and find information on equipment.
- Calculation of PPR plans – you get the opportunity to efficiently carry out centralized and decentralized service planning, timely schedule work schedules and maintenance schedules for operating time, automatically adjust plans if necessary, timely form orders for materials for maintenance and repair requests and monitor their execution.
- Cost accounting for maintenance and repair – you get the opportunity to purchase all the necessary goods and materials on time thanks to high-quality procurement planning both for individual works and centralized throughout the enterprise. The system also analyzes the stability of consumption and reliability of supplies of goods and materials, which allows us to predict the optimal order time for each item in the application.
- Archive of documents – you get a repository of documentation in electronic form, which allows you to quickly find the necessary information. The risks of losing documents disappear and it becomes possible to share them.
- Accounting for the movement of equipment and components – you get information about the removal and installation of equipment and its components directly from their locations. The residence time of the equipment and its units at the locations is recorded, and the history of movements in these places is recorded.
- Managing orders and work – you get the opportunity to improve the operational efficiency of business units through better consistency of work, high-quality planning and reduction of labor costs for planning repairs. You will be able to monitor the preparation, execution and completion of work, understand the loading of personnel and do an analysis of maintenance and repair costs to identify inefficient equipment.
What everything is going and what you need to think now:
Modern conditions require rapid response to the rapidly changing market conditions, the ability to introduce new management methods and technologies. In this situation, it is necessary to find optimal approaches to the definition and assessment of the possibilities of the innovative potential of the enterprise, as it is the main condition for successful development. The main specificity of an innovative company is the need to introduce innovations of different nature. The introduction of innovations in a company is a combination of scientific, technological, organizational, managerial and financial-economic measures aimed at achieving a commercial result.
First of all, it is necessary to assess the innovative potential of the organization, taking into account the capabilities of fixed assets, intangible assets and material resources, the introduction of new technologies and environmental safety.
After determining the innovative potential, all possible measures should be taken for its implementation based on the introduction of the most promising innovations. At the same time, we must not forget that the main goal of introducing innovative technologies is not to receive short-term profits, but to increase the competitiveness of an enterprise and focus on obtaining economic benefits in the long term.